|Download Windows 8 Free - Release Preview Version|
Yes....that's absolutely right.You can download it from the one of the official Microsoft site for Windows 8.
This is the release preview version of the Windows 8.This means that it is still a beta version not the full version.
It is prerelease and final product may be different from it.Release date of Windows 8 is still not confirmed but unofficial resources says that Microsoft is planning to release it in October 2012.If you like its pre release version and want to upgrade your operating system than you will be able to do it for just $15.
Should I download and install Release Preview version of Windows 8
This question might come in your mind whether you should try Windows pre-release version or not.Well it is like a beta software which means it might contains bugs and errors.Secondly you can't just uninstall it.Once you have installed and are not happy with its performance than you have to install your old operating system with the help of DVD or any other external media.So keep the following points before downloading and installing the Windows 8 release preview version:-
1) You have knowledge of installing the operating system and have the backup/installation DVD of your old OS. Because after you have done testing with Windows 8 ,you will need to reinstall your OS.
2)You are comfortable in troubleshooting the PC problems.
3) You are interested in testing/experimenting with new technology.
4)You car comfortable in spending time on downloading and installing the new software.
System Requirements for Windows 8
System requirement is same as Windows 7.So if you are already running Windows 7 than your system meets the requirements.Below are requirements:
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
To download the Windows 8 Click Here.This will download a exe file which will examine your old OS and will display the list of software installed in your system which are compatible with Windows 8.Note that the size of 32 bit Windows 8 release preview is 1.6 GB while for 64bit , size is 1.9 GB.So you need a fast internet connection to download the file.
You can also download Windows 8 as an ISO image from here.You can make a bootable disc of Windows 8 from this image.
Download and install this testing version and share your thoughts with us.